Who we are:
Dumke Plummer is a member of the ILM Integrated Law Management Inc. group of law firms. Our vision is to bring the highest quality of legal services to rural communities across the Maritimes. Our offices are located in some of the most beautiful areas of Nova Scotia, with excellent schools and amazing outdoor experiences.
We are located in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia and we are focused on family law, civil litigation, corporate and commercial transactions, and estate services. We are a team of passionate, dedicated and experienced lawyers, paralegals and legal assistants who work together daily to ensure our clients get the best possible solutions to their legal issues.
We are seeking a highly motivated associate lawyer who is passionate about providing each and every client with grade A services. We are looking to add a new team member who is driven to ensure that the clients have the best possible experience and achieve optimum results.
The ideal candidate will have:
● three to five years of legal experience in civil litigation, corporate and commercial services
● trial experience;
● membership (or eligibility for membership) in the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society, in good standing
● experience in practice and office management;
● strong technical, legal, analytical and drafting skills;
● exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail;
● a high degree of professionalism, excellent interpersonal skills and a willingness to collaborate with colleagues and clients;
● the ability to work independently and as a part of a team;
● strong teamwork and communication skills, trustworthy, accountable, proactive and a positive work attitude
● the ability to be flexible, including with changing priorities and timelines as required; and
● the ability to work flexible hours when required to meet client demands.
What we offer:
● a competitive salary based on performance, which includes a base salary of $85,000 to $120,000 plus a performance component based on additional collected billings over the base amount with no ceiling
● starting salary will be commensurate with your education, training and experience
● a comprehensive health benefits package.
● high level support from our lawyers with a view to the partnership track as you grow with us.
● paid time off
● an opportunity to grow as a legal professional in many different areas of law
● a strong mentorship program from some of the best lawyers in the business
To apply pleased fill the form below and upload your cover letter and resume (as one PDF file).
We conduct the first interview on Microsoft Teams or Zoom and the second interview in person at our office. Please discuss travel arrangements for the second interview with us during our initial meeting.